Reflection 1: Why did you choose to take this class?

Why did you choose to take this class?
The depiction of Arabs in the US is extremely biased, and I want to know about the actuality of the situation in the Arab World and what makes it so.  Additionally, I need the credit for McDaniel Plan.
What are your expectations? What do you hope to get out of this class?
I expect to gain knowledge in the various areas of the Arab World.  I wish to fully appreciate it for what it is.
Have you ever been to the Arab World? When? What did you do?
I have not, but it would be interesting to visit and experience their culture first hand.  I'll put it on my bucket list.
What were your views about the Arab and Muslim world prior to 9/11?
I didn't have any views prior to 9/11 since I was only 3 years old at the time it occurred.
Did the events of September 11 change your views about Arabs and Muslims? How and why?
The events changed societal views, thus forming mine.  I was raised to not stereotype and to learn all the facts prior to forming an opinion.  The direction the US' views Muslims is making both difficult.

Comments

Popular Posts