Reflection 3: Concert by Ramzi Aburedwan

Image result for ramzi aburedwan Ramzi Aburedwan
Image result for dalouna ensemble Dal'ouna Ensembla
Image result for lina sleibi Lina Sleibi

Ramzi Aburedwan and the Dal'ouna Ensemble put on an amazing performance.  It was an interesting music style that I haven't been accustomed with.  Western music relies on half-tones and generally has the same styles throughout; most modern pop music uses the same 4 chords throughout.  However, this music used quarter-tones, and it made the music sound different along with the style that the instruments were played.  The guest singer, Lina Sleibi, had an amazing voice and style that further enhanced the performance.

I, personally, am well-versed with music around the world, but have mainly heard Western music/styles, like most of my peers.  I have explored various cultural pieces from Korea, Mongolia, India, and various African countries, but not so much the Middle East.  After the concert, I listened to the CDs I have bought, as well as various other groups from the region.

I feel a personal connection with Ramzi Aburedwan as a fellow musician and violist.

UPA Benefit Concert at McDaniel College 

Comments

Popular Posts